Welcome

All original content, including cartoons, can be freely distributed. I'd appreciate credit being given to my site but if you want to just take it then go ahead.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Delicious Coat of Arms recipe

The roo and emu turned out to be a delicious way to celebrate Australia Day.
I seared the roo fillet in some ghee in a pan and then rubbed in a premixed selection of Australian and Thai spices. I deglazed the pan with a Barossa shiraz and strained it as a sauce.

For the emu I put it in a casserole dish and rubbed it with some honey, wattle seed, lemon myrtle and bush pepperberries. The juice after the baking was then also strained and used as a sauce.

I served it with a selection of cubed and roasted pumpkin, potato, sweet potato and carrot. I also warmed some slices of mango with finely cut shallots.

What did I learn?
  • The coat of arms is a tastly dish
  • Cook the roo and the emu only to medium rare (medium makes them tougher)
  • Use a very small amount of pepperberries (1/10th of regular pepper)

No comments: