Welcome

All original content, including cartoons, can be freely distributed. I'd appreciate credit being given to my site but if you want to just take it then go ahead.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Lying Politicians

Here's a link to another story about a politician lying (in this case US pollie Cheney):

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200602/s1567014.htm

US Vice-President Dick Cheney directed his aide Lewis 'Scooter' Libby to use classified material to discredit a critic of the Bush administration's Iraq war effort, the National Journal has reported...

...Libby, Mr Cheney's former chief of staff, faces perjury and other charges in the leak of the identity of Wilson's wife Valerie Plame, a move that effectively ended her career at the CIA.

There is no way that I can say that I have not lied, I have. Knowing that I am flawed means I must temper my disgust with politicians lying. What I find hard to accept is that their lies kill people and take my freedom. It is also an "accepted" part of the political "game" and the sheeple do nothing about it.

How often do you have conversations with people about politicions lying and getting a snort and a shrug?

What can we do?
  • Talk to people about this issue
  • Write to your local and federal politicians
  • Write into local and national newspapers
  • Call in to radio and tv stations
  • Think for ourselves

No comments: